I have relocated cross-country, to temporary housing near my new job. It's a nice enough apartment, but it's not home. I don't have a home anymore - the one I had disappeared around me as the movers boxed it up early in the week. This is the first time in about a decade and a half that I move without a potential new home already set up, to ease the transition.
So, as I discussed before, I walked around. And I made sure to get groceries that will allow me to perform my meal-related rituals - my well-balanced breakfast interspersed with exercise and medication, my light, mostly vegetable-based dinner. Lunches I'm going to leave for the outside for now. My exploration has shown me some variety nearby, although when I have to go to the office later in the week I will have to take my new colleagues' lead in what to do about that.
I will have to go through this process again, soon - I will be looking for a more long-term living situation, which will definitely not be around here.
Despite the somewhat bland architectural surroundings, the scenery is already gorgeous, at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment